FemGuard+Balance™ is a comprehensive blend of vitamins, minerals, and botanical extracts designed to support healthy female hormone levels, both during menstruation and through menopause. Imbalances in hormones—most commonly, excess estrogen variants and/or reduced progesterone levels—can be responsible for the physical discomfort and mood changes occasionally associated with PMS, including cramping, breast tenderness, water retention, and mild depression.
FemGuard+Balance™ contains a synergistic blend of nutrients designed to aid the body’s natural hormonal balance in several ways:
• Chase Tree Extract and Black Cohosh: These two herbs are widely recognized for their balancing effects on female hormones. Chaste tree extract is considered an “adaptogenic herb,” with the ability to help normalize hormone levels. Black cohosh has a long history of efficacy for reducing occasional hot flashes, vaginal dryness, night sweats, and other symptoms that can make the transition through menopause somewhat uncomfortable.
• Calcium D-Glucarate: Supports the liver’s role in detoxifying and eliminating excess estrogen.
• DIM (diindolylmethane) and BroccoRaphanin®: These vegetable extracts from the Brassica family (including broccoli and cabbage) help maintain safe estrogen levels by aiding the conversion of dangerous estrogen fractions to more favorable metabolites and by promoting restoration of healthy hormone ratios. DIM may also be helpful in reducing the occasional symptoms associated with a woman’s monthly cycle, such as bloating and breast tenderness due to excess estrogen buildup.
• Turmeric, Rosemary, Resveratrol, and Green Tea Extract: These natural herbal extracts demonstrate powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties which support the body’s natural defenses against oxidative damage and play a role in reducing the cramping that sometimes accompanies PMS.
• Calcium and Magnesium: In addition to their familiar roles in bone health, these minerals are required for proper muscle contraction and relaxation. As such, a proper balance of the two can reduce occasional cramps, tension, and other physical pain sometimes associated with the monthly cycle.
• Vitamins B6, B12, and Folate: Healthy cell signaling and function, including that of breast and cervical cells, depends on adequate levels of these vitamins. They are also required for proper metabolism of homocysteine, which is related to good cardiovascular health.